Sunday, September 17, 2006

day by day

The sky outside my window is very pretty right now. I appreciate a good sky, though probably not as often as I should. There are a lot of things I don't appreciate as often as I should.

I was driving back to Madison after Labor Day weekend, feeling sad the weekend was over and was on the phone with my friend Erin. I was excited that it was only a four day week and my next weekend wasn't that far off. Erin said it was kind of sad to be wishing my life away like that. She makes a good point. I'll try to remember that each day has potential and there is a lot more to life than weekends. . . but I'll still always be excited when Friday rolls around.

I've been in Madison just over a month now. In many ways it feels like so much longer than that, and my life in Eau Claire feels like a different lifetime. Yet some days being here doesn't feel any different than being at home. In my room I am surrounded by all of the same things I was in EC and I am the same person I was. I don't know if I'll stay here or not. I'm giving it at least a year, so I guess it really isn't even worth worrying about at this point. Again, I just need to take it a day at a time.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived in Madison for 6 years and found it to be a great place to live and have fun. Hang in there, give it time to grow on you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home