seed throwing
Life is still filled with interviews and major life decisions. I've tentatively accepted an offer for a job in Rosemount, a cities suburb. I know what you're thinking and I feel the irony myself. I'm becoming everything I claimed to resent, but if I move to a suburb it doesn't mean I'll start shopping at Abercrombie and Fitch. I'll do my best to stay true to myself, and this way can encourage my students to do the same. (like that rationalization? i'm good at them. . . the real rationalization is that I have a friends in the cities. . . and I like having friends around, who doesn't) I also got a call about an interview in Madison, for a job I had assumed I just wouldn't hear back about. Now I'm more overwhelmed than ever trying to figure out if I'd rather be in the cities or Madison, and if I'd rather work birth-3 or in a school. Change and major decisions are two of the things I most despise and they are all I am faced with these days. If you have opinions on if I should move to the cities or Madison please share them. The drastic impact this decision may have on the rest of my life is a bit too much for me and I need input. Also i had an interview in Mondovi today, which I think would be a great district to work for, but I had kind of accepted the fact that I was moving, and think I should just stick with that plan.
Note: if your input is that I need to make this decision for myself, listen to my heart, or anything along those lines, I realize the truth behind it, but don't really need to hear it right now. Thank you.
On a funnier note: Jen and I were walking to the video store the other day, and this little kid (boy, around 7) standing in the yard next door asked us if he could throw seeds at us. A bit thrown off, but impressed with the politeness we obliged. You know those weeds you run your fingers up and can pick all the seeds off of? Well, he had a whole shirt full. After his first round of throwing at us he started walking with us. . . turned out he didn't even live at that house, he was just enjoying the seed picking. It was nice to see the joy he could derive from throwing seeds at strangers. . . somehow I think it wouldn't be as charming if I tried it (even if I asked permission first). He was pretty excited when he got some to stick to Jen, but then told her not to worry, she could just brush them off. When he started throwing them on other yards, Jen asked if he thought they would grow. He informed her they weren't those kind of seeds.

2 Comments:
this is a gut reaction tara. i see you in madison. it's not that i don't see you in the cities, it is just my gut reaction to your question. i encourage you to have the interview (: i hate choices like that too - well, i guess it's more of a love/hate relationship for me.
not sure you really wanted advice, but i decided to share anyway. hope that's okay.
good luck darling!
advice is exactly what i'm looking for. thank you.
Post a Comment
<< Home