Friday, May 12, 2006

paperwork

don't worry, i didn't even watch ER last night.

I am now done with school forever. (sans a capstone meeting next Friday, which i'm not really counting). This seems to have been accompanied by a tightening in my chest and occasional difficulties breathing. That is just today and I'm sure it will pass. I think I'm just overwhelmed with the thought that every aspect of my life is currently up in the air, I don't have a job, which means really, for right now I have no obligations (except the capstone meeting) in the forseeable future. It also means that I will not be getting loan money and if I don't find a job soon will be in a lot of trouble. I have a couple of interviews scheduled, I'll keep you posted.

Life is now filled with lots and lots of paperwork, applying for jobs, applying for lisences, filling out forms for exit interviews for my loans and worrying about consolidating. I also just learned that my Perkins loans will be forgiven if I work in a school, which is the plan. The one perk I've found for being a special educator. I don't know what this means for consolidating because it takes a few years before the whole thing can be forgiven. There are a lot of things I don't know right now. Not a whole lot that I do. I do know there is some sleeping in in my near future, and I guess for now that will have to be enough.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tara,
If it makes you feel any better, I'm freaking out about my future as well. I'm not sure what I'm going to do after Korea. I may teach in Seoul or perhaps try Japan for a couple more years, but after that, I just don't know. I'll probably go back to school, but I really don't know if I want to. Perhaps I'll teach high school English, but right now, it sounds like a lot of work. I've heard that there are many paths to the same place, so I'll get to that place somehow. By the way, how are you? I feel like I haven't talked to you in a while. Hope all is well, (besides the constricted chest).

-Alison

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger tara said...

don't worry, the chest constriction ended up just being a one day thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home