on a lighter note
So my niece's father is working for this motivational speaker, and I think it rubbing off on him too. He's been talking lately about how you feel is based largely on what you choose to focus on, so in this post, I will focus on things that make me happy. Feel free to share what has made you happy this week and we can have a big ol' bask in our happiness party. . . Hey it's kind of like when Oprah was on that big gratitude journal kick, where everyday she encouraged people to write five things they were grateful for that day. . . I never really found it all that uplifting. . . crap there I go being all negative again. Ok, here it is.
Things that have made me happy in the last week:
- sleeping
- eating
- going to Kristi's art show opening and having a nice talk with her
- Sara winning on the Bachelor (yeah, I watch the Bachelor, you wanna make something of it?)
- getting new CDs and discovering my new love of DeYarmond Edison (I highly recommend you check them out)
- Jen singing with a band at O'Leary's
- One of my early childhood kids telliing me he was from Mars
- Another one of my early childhood gets getting really excited about what we were working on
- waking up this morning to a light dusting of snow covering everything making it look pure and clean and hopeful again


8 Comments:
It looks like I'm probably not going to be accepted into the program. Yay!
Oh wait...
I love that idea. Really, even just reading your grateful points makes me feel happy. I know that sounds cheesy, but it´s true. Thanks for sharing. :)
brown paper packages wrapped up in string? wait, that's what makes julie andrews happy. damn.
well, here's what's making me happy this week so far:
i finished sewing that messenger bag, and didn't screw it up too badly.
i'm shaving my beard this week by carving it into a different mustache shape each day.
tasty pizza
tattoo ideas
-Maighie being home over the weekend
-cookies
-DDR
-sleeping
-Problems from AMC 12B 2005 (Math)
-24
-Having real food to eat
-getting paid
-having friends around
Here's the list:
-my family and friends
-making my students laugh
-my health (without it I really don't think you can enjoy anything)
-Korean food
-taking a shower
-music, movies (I just watched "Sin City" and thought it was artistically done), books
-reading Tara's blogs
-viewing the sea
-seeing others smile
-my vibrator (well, I've only used it once; it tickles)
My most recent happy points:
-One of my students telling me that I am his first english teacher that hasn´t made him be afraid of english
-birthday cake
-sleeping
-a positive boyfriend
-going to the movies and understanding the spanish
-my loved one´s happiness and health
Happy things of the week:
- my friend´s father has cancer but he´s still alive
- my twin friends broke up with their couples but they are getting over it
- my girlfriend is going home but she´s happy about it (so is her mum)
- i´m unemployed yet, but it seems that i´m gonna get a job
- i´ve gain 12 pounds but i´m still enjoying my time at home and not going to the gym
- next week cannot be worst
:D
i wanna play this game too.
-- new spring handbags (i mean for me, not for the fashion industry in general). and while on the subject of fashion,
-- chloe winning project runway.
-- gyros.
-- spring cleaning.
-- the practical part of my educational career being over, so that i can fantasize about going back to school for really impractical things, like learning to speak swedish or industrial design. i do not mean to imply that swedish is impractical for people that speak it. it is solely impractical for me, in my particular career.
-- DDR (let's play, alex!)
-- found objects used in art.
-- knowing that some of the people i work with like me.
-- turning a blog comment into my own personal blog. yay, me.
Post a Comment
<< Home