the daily grind
For the first time in a few years my schedule looks the same everyday. I get to my school at 8 and am there until around 5, sometimes a bit earlier sometimes a bit later. The repetitive nature of all of this is really getting to me. Thinking about doing this for the rest of my life is really too overwhelming. If I think about it too much I begin to lose my will to get up in the morning. but why? It's not like I hate what I'm doing, maybe I just can't seem to see the point. The more I started thinking about why having the same schedule everyday was depressing me so much I started coming up with an answer I wasn't too happy with. I'm a strong independant person, I enjoy being alone sometimes, it's not like I'm looking for someone to support me. Yet I've gone through all this school, will get a job that I will work very hard at, that will more than adequately support me, yet that is just it. Me, just me. I think that is why the daily grind seems in a way pointless, because I'm doing it just for me. I think it would all seem somehow more bearable if I was doing it all to share with someone else. or if school/work wasn't the only thing going on in my life. And to an extent it isn't, I have wonderful friends, who I am SO thankful for and truly cherish. Still, it'd be nice to have someone to share the fruits of my labor with, someone who wanted to hear about the high point of my day, and who would tell me his. I guess for now, I'll just not think too far ahead, about how I'll be doing this routine everyday for the rest of my life, but just take it a day at a time and see what happens. Your life can change in an instant, and that isn't always a bad thing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home