Sunday, January 22, 2006

fortunes

I've debated about if I'll ever tell anyone about this blog. In a lot of ways I see blogs as some sort of solution to an ongoing existential dilemma. Leaving some sort of mark, with this element of mystery because you never know who might be reading it. Some stranger you've never met could end up feeling oddly connected to you through your ramblings. It sounded like a fun experiment to see if I never told anyone about this, if anyone would ever just happen upon it. Yet that probably wouldn't happen, and even though I would try to tell myself it didn't matter, and I should have predicted it, I think on some level I'd still be disappointed. So, in a couple days or weeks, when you are reading this because you are my friend, and I emailed you to say that I started a blog, you'll know that I considered not telling you. I'm sure that gradually this will fall into a discussion of my daily life rather than thoughts and ideas. And as a warning I'm sure it will also be filled with quotes and song lyrics. In fact why not start now.

The fortune I got at a Chinese restaurant in Menomonee Falls: Without passion, man is a mere possiblity.

The fortune I got here in EC: Your uniqueness is more than an outward appearane. wait. . . what?? That wasn't very nice, and I don't think Confucius said it either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home