Sunday, March 05, 2006

bridges

last summer, they built a new bridge on clairemont. It was next to the foot bridge on the bike trail, so I watched parts of it go up. It fascinates me to think people are capable of building bridges like that. Someone sat down and thought, no problem, I can build a large concrete structure in a river. I understand very little about how it is done, but have great respect for the person amitious and creative enough to do it. (environmental issues of development aside). I am watching the Oscars right now, and people create amazing things on screen as well, with visual effects I can not even begin to understand how are accomplished. Add to that that I am in the middle of my living room with no wires on my laptop writing a post that Katie will be able to read in Spain as soon as it is posted. Wow. To create things like this I don't think is an ambition or capability I will ever have, but I just thought I'd acknowledge those who do.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tara,
You ARE able to create things. You are an amazing painter. The same way you are awed by the bridge, special effects in movies, and your laptop, I am awed by your skill in art. I wish I was inept at something as powerful as art. You're more capable than you give yourself credit for:)

-Alison

 

Post a Comment

<< Home