Memorial Day Weekend

We went to Jen's cabin for Memorial day weekend. It was an adventure. . . at times anyway. On the way up we saw a dog in the road, a very little dog. As we were approaching I told Jen to look out for the animal, then changed it to thing, because it didn't even look like an animal anymore, then as we got closer it was a tiny little dog, who was very cute. We decided to stop and pick him up to see if he belonged at the next house, because he made us very nervous just sitting in the middle of the road. He didn't belong at the house we pulled into, but the somewhat creepy man who came out of the house recognized the dog and said he comes around sometimes, and not to worry, he knew where he was. I'm sure he was thinking, "silly city girls, don't understand our country let the dog run free ways." We decided if we saw it again on the way home we'd keep it, because clearly its owners didn't take track of it anyway, but we didn't see him again.
We also stopped at one point for Jen to help a turtle get to the other side of the road to not get hit. Oh, and on the way up we also saw some cows in the road who had broken through their fence, and almost hit a squirrel. That's about it for animal adventures.
We took a pontoon ride in the pouring rain. Jen and I also learned how to sail. Her neighbor has a sailboat and took us out. Our first two times around the lake went really well. I learned all about adjusting the jib and also got to the the person haning out over the side, which is kind of cool. . . i lost my footing and swung around a few times which was scary, but in a fun way. We also learned how not to sail. . . the third time around the lake was really windy and the boat tipped over. Overall it was pretty fun learning how to get it back up and all that. . . unfortunatley for Jen it was a pretty painful learning experience. Her neighbor Bob and I got off just fine as the boat was tipping over, but Jen had grandeur plans of somehow saving it from going under and waited too long to get off, so when she did she couldn't clear the sail and a rope or chain or something beat the crap out of her shins. (thanks for the photo help Alex)

Overall, it was a pretty good time. I am now suffering the consequences with a pretty bad sunburn, which I realize is completely my fault and I need to start using more sunscreen!

1 Comments:
when you post the picture it will automatically put it at the top. From there you have two choices that I KNOW work. Switch so you are editing the html (it's some tab on the right). Simply 1)Move the code for the picture lower or 2)Move the text above the code for the picture. I hope that helps.
Post a Comment
<< Home