Sunday, March 11, 2007

Time Change

"Time is money"
"Time waits for no man"
"Time heals all wounds"
"Time never stops"

There are tons of quotes about time, and we all know how precious it is, and if its passing is the one thing I'm supposed to be able to count on, how is it the government can just steal an hour of it from me?? I'll be honest these days, my time isn't really all that precious, I've usually got extra, it's more the principle. I realize there is a purpose, and that in a few months they'll give me that hour back, and I'm actually quite thankful for the extra daylight. It's just an interesting concept to me, that a group of people can get together and decide to change what time it is, and everyone just obeys.

I admire people who don't watch TV, and I can definitely see the merits in it. Someday I hope to become one of those people. . . just not yet. I used to not watch much TV, and I still wouldn't say I watch too much, but it has become a bigger part of my life than it used to be since I moved and have less homework and less of a social life. I have also just recently discovered the wonder of TV on DVD (I also just recently discovered the band TV on the Radio, they're playing in Madison next weekend if anyone is interested) and have fallen in love with Arrested Development and the Gilmore Girls. Good times. WIth all these shows on DVD I would never need to watch anything new again. I'm even considering a netflix subscription just to help me indulge my Gilmore Girls cravings.

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Arrested Development rocks! It's too bad it had to end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home