crazy kid stories part deux
See, I couldn't even make it a weekly installment two weeks in a row. . . but to make up for it will share two, count them two crazy kid stories
If you're reading this there is a good chance I've already told you about my family whose house is infested with bed bugs. Yes, I still do visits there, but was told to just play on a blanket and "shake it out really well" when done. . . now if that's not reassuring I don't know what is. My first visit to this home had about 10 different people in and out of the house in the hour I was there. My kiddo lives with her Grandma, who has a few Grandkids and a handful of her own kids all living in the two bedroom apartment. At one point I heard an obnoxious sound that I thought was an alarm going off. . . well, in a way I guess it was, it was someone's ankle bracelet going off, she had gone outside and ventured a bit to far. The obnoxious beeping continued through the rest of the session.
When I went there last week the TV was blaring some rap music videos, and two people were in the living room smoking. (in addition to a few other people and kids in the room). This is the conversation that ocurred after I came in, and I would like to give my thanks to the random woman who had my back.
Random woman: (to the two smokers) Show some respect, she don't want you smokin' in here!
(the smokers move to another room)
Random woman: (to random kid) Turn that TV down, she don't like that music!
Random kid: yes she does
Random woman: she don't listen to that
Random kid: sure she does
(me, not knowing if I should comment or not on my feelings toward rap music, simply agree that it would be nice if it were turned down so that I could hear my kiddo talking. . . who by the way, may be the most adorable child I've ever met)
Last week, with my family from the original crazy kid story. . .
The baby is wandering around chewing on a chicken wing. Being that the child isn't even one yet, I mention this to mom, that, "hey, I don't know if you want him to have that" she told me, no, it was fine. . . my kiddo proceded to sneak any chunks of chicken off of it whenever the baby put it down. Eventually all that was left was the bare bone, which the baby was still sucking on as I watched like a hawk conviced he was going to choke. Kids really do just adapt to their surroundings, this baby can get whacked in the head, fall down, get kicked by his brother and act like nothing happened, whereas I have other kids who will scream and cry if they step on a block. Hopefully, if I ever have kids they will fall somewhere in the middle.

1 Comments:
I too scream and cry if I step on a block.
Post a Comment
<< Home