Friday, November 16, 2007

November

My car was totaled. I bought a new one. (no, not brand new silly, new to me). It is a Civic Hybrid. We got off to a rocky start when he (Pablo, initially I thought it was a girl, but this is the only name that has spoken to me - feel free to offer suggestions) didn't get quite the gas mileage I was hoping for, and his cigarette lighter/power source didn't work. These two things are still true, but we're making our peace and getting used to each other, and I think things will work out just fine.

Kristi and I went to Vegas last weekend to visit Jenna. Kristi Gehring and Erika made the trek from LA to meet us there and we all had a great time. Kristi and I hung out by Jenna's pool on Friday and then went to her classroom to read and do a project with her students. It reminded me how much I like school-age kids. They talk - imagine that - and i think that's fun. The big group of us spent Saturday on the strip and went to a club that night. Sunday we went to Red Rock Canyon, which was gorgeous and a nice balance to the flashy lights burlesque quality of the strip. It was warm and wonderful and excellent to see some of my oldest and dearest friends.

Thanksgiving is fast approaching - which as usual is hard to believe how fast time has gone by. I am extremely excited for the two days off, as work has been a bit crazy and draining as of late - but nothing compared to last year thanks largely to some co-workers who have also become good friends. Thanksgiving will definitely be filled with sadness this year, as so many of the people I have traditionally spent it with are no longer with us. Hopefully it will still be a happy remembrance and the start of new traditions.





















































1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Nice shades girls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home