October
On Saturday I went to a wedding. I was sitting at a table with a family I had never met before, including their 7 year old son. He and I hit it off right away and I learned all about Mars Mission Legos, including where to get them. At one point in the conversation he asked me, "Have you been to Target?" Have I been to Target, obviously the kid had no idea who he was dealing with. He also told me he goes to Nuestro Mundo which is the Spanish immersion school here in Madison, which is part of Frank Allis Elementary, where they just speak English. He told me it was pretty great speaking Spanish because it worked well for secret missions at recess since not everyone on the playground understands Spanish. I thought he had some good logic. Also, he told me he liked my necklace, which one me over more easily than it perhaps should have.
I am currently loving all things fall, yet with a festering dread of the winter it will bring. Still, I believe I may have a few western escapes planned to get me through this Wisconsin winter, and off street parking, so things should go ok. I am currently enjoying the new Ryan Adams, Rilo Kiley and Tegan and Sara albums. Also, I saw Regina Spektor last week, and it was AMAZING! Never underestimate the healing powers of music. (or dancing)
Do you ever get that feeling you're on the verge of something, possibly something big, you just don't know what yet? Well, I've been having that feeling lately. I'll keep you posted on if anything materializes.
This is how it works
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath
--Regina Spektor 'On the Radio'

2 Comments:
Your necklace has always been a weak spot of yours. How far west are we talking? I'm glad you enjoyed the concert.
Hey Tara,
That's really cool that you got to see Regina Spektor! In an age of music where everything is based on image, little talent, and enormous egos, isn't it refreshing to see an artist like Regina who has a gift, and isn't trying to dance sexy or be provocative. It's just a nice change.
Post a Comment
<< Home